- Christmas holidays means lots of opportunity to read, and we are running our Christmas reading challenge again for MAT pupils. Check our reading list page for the texts for each yeargroup. I’d also like to plug Pontypool Library’s reading group for 12-16 year olds, which meets monthly on Saturdays 11am-12 noon, and the next meeting is 17 December. Contact Carla Teague for more information.
- We have started a ‘Talent’ register of any student with exceptional talent where they are competing at a national level or achieving outstandingly, such as musical competence far above their age, or other achievements outside of school. Please inform us if your child is competing at a high level in any field because we would love to celebrate their achievement.
- Dentistry student Jack McSweeney from King’s College London is coming in to speak to Y10+ students interested in dentistry on 5th January, 2.20pm.
- Trip to Oxford University for Y10+ is booked for 31st March- places £10 each on Parent Pay.
- Y9 MAT trip to ‘The Crucible’ provisionally booked for May- more details to follow.
Many thanks to Quantum Theatre for visiting us on Monday 28th November for an amazing performance of the classic Dickens story of ‘A Christmas Carol’. Students from Year 7,8 and 9 attended and were a spell-bound audience as the story unfolded.
Many thanks to our Year 9 MAT team who ran front of house on the day and stewarded the event.
Time to get into the Christmas spirit- no bah humbugs here!